Sorry this post is a day late, it was supposed to be published yesterday but I forgot, oops! I am going to upload two today to make up for it. Todays post is all about the photographic equipment that I own.
![]() |
![]() |
| (crave.cnet.co.uk) |
I use a Sony Alpha 330 camera which I've had this for ages, it was purchased before i became interested in photography so it's not your typical photographers camera (nikon/cannon), but i find that it works just as well. Whenever you're going out with your camera you must remember to check that you've got a fully charged battery and a memory card. I don't own a second battery but it is useful to invest in one as it's very frustrating running out of battery as you could miss the perfect photo opportunity.
The lens that I use for most subjects is the standard lens which came with the camera body (pictured in the photo above). It's a Sony SAL-1855 and is good for people who are just starting out in photography before they've decided what areas they are most interested in. It's important to buy UV filters to put on your lens as they help protect them from sun damage and any accidental damage, if you were to drop your lens you're more likely to smash the filter which can be replaced a lot quicker, cheaper, and easier than if you were to break the lens itself.
![]() |
| (the-digital-picture.com) |
My favourite lens that I use is my macro lens as I love taking close-up photographs of pretty much everything! The macro lens that I use is a Tamron AF 90mm. It has a 1:1 ratio which means that you whatever you're photographing is captured at its real size on the sensor.
![]() |
| (tamron.com) |
My latest purchase is my telemacro lens, it is also made by tamron and is a 70-300mm lens. I've only used this on a couple of occasions and have found it works best for landscape and nature hotdog rapt. The squirrel photograph that I included into this post was shot using this lens.
![]() |
| (apple.com) |
If i need a bit of extra lighting i'll often use the camera flash on my iPhone as I don't own any external flashguns :( this works fine for quick snaps that need a bit more light but cannot be used for lengthy periods so it's not practical. I've been looking into different flashguns and am hoping to buy one soon which will hopefully result in a huge improvement to my images.
![]() |
| (snowies.co.uk) |
As I take a lot of macro photographs I find it useful to take a pack of different coloured cards around with me. This is especially useful for when photographing flowers in their natural environment as you can get a lot of background clutter which can ruin the shot.
![]() |
| (snaptophobic.co.uk) |
Sometimes if I need a bit of light directed into a shadowy area, i'll use my home-made reflector. If you don't think it's worth investing in a proper reflector a home-made one will suffice. They're really easy to make, just take some strong card (whatever size you need) and cover it in scrunched up tinfoil, just like this one someone has created in the picture on the left.
And that is my complete photographic kit. If you'd like to know any more about certain items leave a comment below, I'm happy to help, thanks for reading! :)








No comments:
Post a Comment