11 November 2013

Random Photo TAG

For this blog post i'm doing the random photo tag where you take the 4th picture in your photo files and have to explain it. I have chosen the 4th picture which came up within my portfolio so that it's relevant to my photography blog. The image below was the outcome...

©2013HannahBennett

This image above is one that i took a couple of months ago using oil and water to replicate water droplets. It was my first time attempting this technique so the outcome wasn't brilliant but i was still pleased with the result. This technique simply requires filling a clear glass container with water and adding some oil to create "water-droplets". (I'm going to be doing a more in-depth tutorial post on how to do this tomorrow if you'd like to give it a go yourself so stay tuned!) I found that the oil didn't look exactly like water-droplets but i liked the effect this created, the different sized circles with their varying colours and patterns creates a very unusual shot. I'm also pleased with the outcome of the colours throughout the frame, the wide tonal range of blues i've managed to capture works really well. 

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/tropical-oil-and-water-ii-sharon-johnstone.html

For a first time I was very pleased with the outcome of this shoot but i'd like to give it another go to try and make the circles look more like water droplets. The edges should appear more curved, like the examples on the left here, rather than flat like they have in mine. This example is by a photographer named Sharon Johnstone who has done a number of amazing oil and water photographs which can be found here. 

If you'd like to view another image from this shoot then you can visit my flickr page here where i've included an orange version that I was pleased with.


No comments:

Post a Comment