Today's blog post kick starts the long-awaited series I'm doing all about how to capture as many stunning oil and water photographs as possible. To get you in the mood for the upcoming series, I've decided to share with you another oil and water snap of mine in the meantime.
![]() |
| © Hannah Bennett |
This one is another of my favourites that I've taken recently for a number of reasons. I love the pure simplicity in the placement of the bubbles. I think it works well because the larger bubble lies perfectly within the rule of thirds sitting within the two thirds of the frame along the right hand-side. I feel as though the image would be fairly flat if it was just of a singular bubble though which is why I feel that the teeny tiny little bubble in the top right corner prevents this from being the case as it adds a little bit more interest into the photo without being too much of a distraction and cluttering the scene.
I think that this simplicity works so well because it's a complete contrast to the busy combination of colours that's going on in the background. I love the variety of purple tones shining through along with the little pop of turquoise that can be seen also, I think these colours works perfectly together. I also love the way that the bubbles reflect the colours beneath them so that the colours within the bubble are a reverse of the background behind them resulting in a wide variety of colours criss-crossing over the whole scene which I love!
Thanks for reading!


No comments:
Post a Comment