Here I am, back again today with the next few items from the list of equipment I use to take stunning oil and water shots. (You can view the full list here)
8. Olive Oil
Of course you're going to need some sort of oil to create the water droplet type bubbles that will be the main focus of your images. I like to use olive oil but I guess you could try any sort of oil to see what results you get if you don't have any of this. I'm thinking of giving it a go with Argan oil to see if this produces any different effects, if anyone uses anything other than olive oil then I would love to see the results!
9. Water
Along with some oil you're definitely going to need some water as this is what you'll be putting the oil into within your glass container.
10. Washing-Up Liquid
This is helpful because adding a tiny drop of washing-up liquid helps to give the oil those really defined edges that result in the lovely golden rings that can be seen in my latest examples of this type of photography. This is a tip that I learnt from Sharon Johnstone's blog, check her out she does some amazing oil and water photographs, all her info can be found on her website here.
Once again, that's it for today, tomorrow will be the concluding post of equipment explained so be sure not to miss it!


No comments:
Post a Comment