26 February 2014

My Photography | Snowdrops Part 2

Today's post is of my second photograph from my snowdrops series, and here it is below...

ISO Speed:ISO-200
Aperture: f/8
Shutter Speed: 1/60
©2014HannahBennett

As you can see, today's shot is a close-up of a singular snowdrop I spotted within the park. I quite like this one because I think that the contrast in colours is interesting once again, the green and white of the flower really stands out against the brown of the forest floor acting as a a natural backdrop. I'm also pleased with how i've framed the snowdrop as it follows the rule of thirds quite well, the actual head of the flower falls within the top left third whilst the stem runs perfectly down the centre of the image, creating a very pleasing composition within the frame. I also like how the twigs in the background form an l-shape across the bottom left also falling into the rule of thirds quite nicely. Working in manual for this shot, I think that the aperture I chose was set at just the right point to capture them enough that they're recognisable without being too much of a distraction within the image. However, I can't work out whether the snowdrop in the background, just peeking in, adds to the image or spoils it slightly? I don't know whether it would be better if there was just the one? What do you think? Let me know in the comments below! When you look at them up close they're actually quite strange looking flowers, they look like sad bunny rabbits with their petals pointing downwards like ears! Or is it just me that see's this? haha

I hope you've enjoyed this shot, as always, here's a sneak peek of tomorrow's image...

ivy leaf


Thanks for reading, you can check out the first of the series here if you missed it.

See you tomorrow!

hanbphotography

No comments:

Post a Comment