27 February 2014

My Photography | Snowdrops Part 3

It's time for part 3 of my snowdrop series, and here is today's shot...

snowdrops and ivy leaves
ISO Speed:ISO-200
Aperture: f/5
Shutter Speed: 1/100
©2014HannahBennett
This one is a bit different to your "average snow drop shot" as it's not really about the snowdrops at all, they're only really acting as a backdrop for the shot. I decided to shoot this scene because I loved the way the ivy leaves were wrapped so closely around the tree, and the beautiful patterns and colours that they have. I'm very pleased with the composition of this shot as the tree trunk itself in the foreground runs directly through the middle of the frame vertically, and the horizon between the snowdrop covered floor, and the sky full of trees runs perfectly through the middle also but horizontally instead, creating a subtle cross through the frame. I also shot this one in manual mode, and am very pleased with the depth of field that has resulted from the f/5 aperture that I chose. It's not particularly obvious that they are snowdrops in the background which I think works well because it creates the impression that it might be actual snow rather than flowers. I think this works well because ivy leaves have christmas connotations, which combined with what looks like snows in the background, makes for a fairly festive shot that would be nice to view at christmas time. What do you think?

I hope you enjoyed today's snap, here is a sneak peek to the final shot from my snowdrop series which will be up tomorrow...

tree trunk

Thanks for reading! See you again tomorrow :)

hanbphotography.blogspot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment